Dr. Valerio trained as a Jungian analyst whilst working as a senior clinician at Guy's hospital. An undergraduate at the University of Edinburgh, she has completed post-graduate training at the Universities of Surrey and Kent, where she completed her doctorate in psychotherapy (2005).
She is an experienced Supervisor and university Lecturer being involved with Doctoral, Masters and Undergraduate programmes in clinical and counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy and a Training Analyst and Supervisor for several registered Psychotherapy and Counselling trainings. She has twenty years’ experience in the NHS in Child and Adult Mental Health, and as a Psychotherapist in Specialist Psychotherapy Services, assessing and working with patients and in supervising Psychotherapists and Psychologists.
She has also held Leadership roles for example as the Trust Lead for Domestic abuse, representing a large mental health trust on Serious Case Reviews panels. She has been a Chair of the external relations section of the BPC (Media) secretary of the research committee and Training Advisor and Tutor for British Psychotherapy Foundation (BPF). She teaches Psychoanalytic and Jungian theory to Psychologists on a professional doctorate programme.
- Senior Professional Member of the British Psychotherapy foundation BPF
- Member of the International Association of Analytical Psychology (IAAP)
- Registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council BPC
- Registered psychotherapist of the United Kingdom For Psychotherapy UKCP
- Full member of the Association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the NHS
- Member of the confederation for analytical psychologists
- Fellow of the higher education academy HEA
If I am busy with a client then please leave a message on the answer phone, or send me an email. I will reply to your query as soon as possible, within 24 hours outside of leave periods.